If you believe you've seen our staff doing something wrong, you can report it. This is called a public interest disclosure (PID) under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010.

You don't need proof to make a disclosure however, where possible, please provide information including:

  • the name and job title of the person the disclosure is about
  • details of relevant events, dates and places
  • the names of people who may be able to support your disclosure
  • any other information that supports your disclosure.

We will act when we learn about wrongdoing.

It's an offence for someone to retaliate against you for making a public disclosure.

If there is any doubt as to whether a disclosure is in fact a PID, we'll deal with the matter as if it is a PID until otherwise confirmed.

Who can make a disclosure

Anyone can make a public interest disclosure about:

  • substantial and specific danger to the health or safety of a person with a disability
  • substantial and specific danger to the environment caused by commission of an offence or contravention of a condition in certain environmental legislation
  • reprisal (retaliation) after making a public interest disclosure.

All government workers must disclose identified fraud and corruption. If you are a public servant, you can also make a public interest disclosure about:

  • corrupt conduct
  • maladministration that adversely affects someone's interests in a substantial and specific way
  • a substantial misuse of public resources
  • a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety
  • a substantial and specific danger to the environment.

We aspire to be an organisation where staff who've witnessed wrongdoing feel confident and comfortable about making a disclosure.

Any staff member who speaks out about wrongdoing is doing the right thing.

Learn more about the Queensland Public Service Code of Conduct and the Public Sector Ethics Act 1994.

Make a disclosure

Report to us

You can make a disclosure to us in the following ways:

  • in person
  • by email
  • by phone.

Please contact the Executive Director, People and Culture by calling 07 4505 1502 or emailing MD07-SouthWest-HHS@health.qld.gov.au.

We'll record all disclosures and direct them to the appropriate area to deal with them.

If you're a staff member you can get confidential advice about making a disclosure by contacting:

Report in other ways

For corruption: report to the Crime and Corruption Commission.

For mismanagement: report to the Queensland Ombudsman.

You can also make a report to your Member of Parliament.

For more information

You can find out more about public interest disclosures on the Queensland Ombudsman website.

Last updated: December 2022