Health professionals at South West Hospital and Health Service receive a competitive salary and enjoy a wide range of additional benefits, including:
Maximise your income with extensive salary packaging options provided by RemServ.
17.5% annual leave loading
You’ll be eligible for a well-deserved four, five or six weeks’ break each year depending on your award.
Cumulative sick leave
We know sick leave is an important part of any job, and you’ll receive the full benefit at South West Hospital and Health Service.
As a Queensland Government employee, you’ll be entitled to up to 12.75% employer superannuation through QSuper.
We are committed to employee development through on-the-job training as well as additional opportunities.
Paid study leave
You may be eligible for paid study leave as well as financial assistance for courses relevant to your work.
Allowances for specific roles
Health professionals may be eligible for allowances specifically related to their roles such as night shift or some awards give access to Rural and Remote locality incentives.
Training and skills development opportunities
We have dedicated clinical educators, as well as leadership and development programs.
Flexible working conditions
Enjoy the lifestyle that South West Queensland offers with flexible rosters, time off in lieu, and generous leave allowances.
How to apply
Applying for a job at South West Hospital and Health is easy:
- Find a job on this Join our team page.
- Carefully read the advertisement and attached role description as it will provide you with important information on what you need to do to apply.
- Click ‘Apply online’ and follow the steps.
- Attach appropriate documentation, including:
- where required, a short written response on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would enable you to achieve the key attributes and responsibilities listed in the role description.
- a covering letter, which includes the vacancy reference number of the position you are applying for.
- a curriculum vitae / resume to support your application.
- the names, positions and contact details of two referees.
More information can be found in the below links on how to apply, setting up a My SmartJobs account and Job Alerts.
- Register for My SmartJobs
- SmartJobs help
- How to write a resume and cover letter
- Tips for job interviews
Our recruitment team will be happy to help if you have any difficulties or you are unable to submit your application online: