The Council represents clinicians across the South West at the highest levels of decision making.
It's functions include:
- actively contributing to decision making around the delivery of quality health services
- representing clinicians in providing strategic advice and leadership on system-wide issues affecting quality, safety and value-based patient care
- valuing consumer perspectives and promoting the voice of the patient
- connecting clinicians across the service
- providing leadership to achieve health reform and champion innovation
- encouraging and supporting stakeholders to empower clinicians to be actively involved in decision making
- providing constructive advice that is timely, inclusive, evidence-based and aligned with the health reform agenda.
To find out more about the Council, email SWHHS-HSCE@health.qld.gov.au.